Try this - you won't be disappointed! Let me know how you liked it!
Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- 1 3/4 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 cups authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese (or Monterey Jack cheese)
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco (4 oz)
- Sour cream or crema (optional)
Cut chicken into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces with Utility Knife. Combine chicken and seasoning mix in Deep Covered Baker; mix well. Spread chicken evenly over bottom of baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Microwave, covered, an additional 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain using small Colander.
Combine salsa and broth in (4-cup/1-L) Easy Read Measuring Cup. Chop cilantro using Santoku Knife. Arrange half of the tortilla chips over bottom of same baker, breaking chips; top with half each of the chicken, salsa mixture and cheeses. Sprinkle with ½ cup (125 mL) of the cilantro. Repeat layers one time ending with cheeses.
Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until cheeses are melted and most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN