This is a quick weeknight meal. You can make the chicken mixture ahead of time and just scoop and roll when you get home from work.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Reduced Fat Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or swiss cheese (or any cheese of choice)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (very soft) * I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese*
- 2 tablespoons butter (very soft but not melted)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced onion flakes
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped (or use about 2 cups, can use cooked turkey)
- 1/2-3/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1-2 cup grated cheddar cheese (for topping)
Set oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
Mix together milk, 3/4 cup cheese and undiluted chicken soup (can season with black pepper if desired).
For the filling --- (make certain that the cream cheese and butter are very soft) in a bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with butter until very smooth, then add in garlic powder. Add in the chopped chicken, onion and cheddar cheese; mix well until combined. Add in 2 tablespoons milk; mix to combine (add in a little more if the mixture seems too dry). Season with seasoned salt or white and black pepper to taste. Unroll the crescent rolls. Place 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture (or a little more) on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end. Drizzle a small amount of soup mixture on the bottom of the dish. Then place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.
Drizzle the remaining sauce on top (you don't have to use the full amount of cream sauce, just use as much as desired) and sprinkle with 1 cup (or more) grated cheese, or amount desired. Bake for about 30 minutes.