I found this recipe on Paul Deen's magazine website and I thought it sounded really good! I cut the recipe in half since there are only two of us. I used a bag of bacon pieces instead of frying up bacon and I also used a little more cheese than the recipe called for - I mixed in 1 cup of cheese and topped it with about 1/2 cup of cheese. I liked this. Next time I would add more sour cream - probably double it.
Cheesy Ranch Hash-Brown Potatoes(Printable Recipe)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 (2.8oz) packages bacon pieces
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen country-style hash-brown potatoes, thawed
Preheat oven to 350˚. Lightly grease a 11/2-quart baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, dressing mix, and bacon. Add hash browns, stirring to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
Bake 30 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes more, or until hot and bubbly.