This is the last recipe for "Greek Yogurt Week" here on Plain Chicken. It has been a really great week of recipes! Who knew that a "plain chicken" kind of gal would love to cook with Greek Yogurt?!?! I can't wait to keep experimenting with it.
I decided that I needed to try a good snack/dip with Greek yogurt. This was really good and really easy to put together. You can make it as spicy as you like with either hot sausage and/or hot Rotel. This is a great dip for an Auburn football tailgate!
Southwestern Sausage & Black Bean Dip
- 3/4 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled (Jimmy Dean Light)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup plain Oikos Greek yogurt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Mexican cheese blend)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together all ingredients and pour in baking dish.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until bubly. Serve with tortilla chips and/or fritos.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN