I found the original recipe here. I wanted to be able to fit in my pants the next day, so I cut out the butter and whipping cream and used low-fat cream cheese. I also marinated the chicken in our favorite Tex-Mex marinade to give it more flavor. They turned out great! I ate some of the leftovers for lunch the next day and they tasted really good reheated. This is a keeper!
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
adapted from Kevin and Amanda
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 bottle Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained and pulsed in food processor or blender
- 1 (8 oz) pkg 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 8 (8″) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 pint half and half (or whipping cream)
Put chicken and marinade in the crock pot on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred. Set this aside.
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9×13 baking dish with Pam.
In a large sauce pan, combine rotel, cream cheese and chicken and cook, stirring constantly until cream cheese melts. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with Pepper Jack cheese, and drizzle with half and half.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Remove foil and cook for another 15 mins, or until top is golden brown.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN