I've tried lots of different recipes for baked beans over the years and I finally combined them into one that had all my favorite things in them. These beans are sweet and tangy from the BBQ sauce and have a great crunch from the french fried onions. You could make a meal out of the beans alone.
BBQ Baked Beans
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pork & beans
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow or brown mustard
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (6-ounce) can french-fried onions, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large bowl, mix together beans, BBQ sauce, mustard, 1/4 of the bacon, and 1/4 of the onions. Add some salt and pepper, to taste. Pour beans in 9-inch casserole dish and sprinkle remaining crushed onions and bacon on top. Cook in oven for 1 hour or until beans brown and bubble. Serve warm.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN