This recipes uses raw eggs. Don't worry though - the eggs are cooked when you add the hot pasta and pasta water. I thought this sounded a little like a carbonara. I've never made Spaghetti Carbonara, but I've added it to the list after enjoying this dish.
Chicken Bacon Pasta
inspired by Tasty Kitchen
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or less if you don't want the heat)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 grilled chicken breast, sliced (I marinated the chicken in Lawry's Garlic & Herb marinade)
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done (according to package instructions).
Place cream and cream cheese in a small saucepan. Heat over low until cream cheese is melted, and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Add the parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and pepper and whisk until blended.
Drain pasta (reserving 1/2 cup of hot water) and return to pot. Immediately add the white sauce and toss to coat. The hot pasta will cook the eggs. Stir in the bacon, and add some reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce. Top with grilled chicken.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN