This is SO simple! It is actually much easier and faster than the original. I like to use chopped rotisserie chicken in this dish. It really cut down on the prep time. This only took about 20 minutes from start to finish. You can't beat that! Chicken Legs raved about this version. He went back for seconds. This was also great reheated for lunch the next day. Give this a try the next time you need a quick weeknight meal!
Stove-Top Cracked Out Chicken and Rice
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (I used 98% fat-free)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups minute rice
- 1/4 cup chopped, cooked bacon (can use turkey bacon)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup chopped, cooked chicken (half a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (1oz) packed Ranch dressing mix
In a large pot combine soup, chicken broth and rice and bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.