Now, these beans do have a kick. If you are concerned about the heat, start with 1 or 2 Tablespoons of Sriracha. We like spicy food, so we did about 4 Tablespoons of Sriracha. They were just spicy enough for us!
We baked these beans, but I don't see why you couldn't just cook them on the stove or even in the slow cooker. This recipe can be mixed up a day ahead of time and heated up when you are ready to eat them.
Sriracha Baked Beans
- 4 ounces smoked hot sausage, diced
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3-5 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add hot sausage; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in broth and remaining ingredients.
Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN