This dish requires very little cooking time. It only cooks on LOW for a couple of hours. If you want to cook this all day in the slow cooker, I would cook it on WARM and turn it up to LOW when you got home and added the pasta. I actually ended up cooking this in my Dutch oven. I let the freezer bag thaw in the fridge all day and just heated it up on the stove. It was ready in less than 30 minutes.
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- 2 Tbsp Tuscan Rosemary and Sun Dried Tomato Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Bread Seasoning (Johnny's)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1 (10 3/4-oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 12 oz cooked chicken, chopped
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 16 oz elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 gallon size ziplock freezer bag
Place all ingredients, except pasta, in a gallon size freezer bag. Freeze.
To prepare in slow cooker: Place contents of freezer bag into slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 2 hours. Add uncooked pasta. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. OR Place contents of freezer bag into slow cooker. Cook on WARM 8 hours and turn up to LOW when you add the pasta. Cook pasta for 15-20 minutes.
Alternative cooking method: Thaw freezer bag and place contents in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil and pasta and simmer 20 minutes, until pasta is cooked.
My Slow Cooker:
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN