This is SO delicious! We ate this for dinner and again for lunch the next day. I really, really liked it. I loved the cheddar cheese. My Chicken Tetrazzini recipes use parmesan cheese. This was a nice change for us.
I took a shortcut and used a whole rotisserie chicken. If you don't want to use a rotisserie chicken, just cook up 4 chicken breasts. You can also assemble this ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake.
Katherine's Chicken Tetrazzini
adapted from grass-stains.com
- 12 oz spaghetti noodles (3/4 of 16oz box)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (4 breasts, cooked and chopped)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove chicken from bone and chop. Discard skin. Set aside.
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Whisk together chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, Worcestershire sauce, and onion flakes. Stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
In a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan, layer cooked noodles, chopped chicken and then pour sauce over casserole. Top with remaining cup of cheese.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes - 40 minutes, until bubbly.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN