This Cajun Chicken Tetrazzini is super easy to make. I used a rotisserie chicken, and it literally took about 10 minutes to assemble. I chopped the chicken and pan seared the sausage while the pasta cooked. So easy! You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake. I've never frozen the casserole, but I think it would be fine.
Cajun Chicken Tetrazzini
serves 8 to 10
- 2-1/2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 16 oz andouille sausage or smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 16 oz vermicelli pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 Tbsp cajun seasoning (use more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Whisk together soups, chicken broth, and cajun seasoning.
Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 vermicelli, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 sausage, and 1/2 of soup mixture. Sprinkle half of the parmesan cheese on the pasta. Repeat layers and top with remaining parmesan cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes, until bubbly.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN