O-M-G! Best garlic bread ever!!! Crispy, cheesy and a little spicy. It was so good that I made it two days in a row, and I'm planning on making it again this week! You can make this ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake the bread. I like to bake one half and save the other half for the next day.
Carbone's Garlic Bread
adapted from Saveur
serves 6 to 8
- 1 (12-oz) baguette, sliced lengthwise
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red chile flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed into a paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
Heat oven broiler on HIGH.
Place baguette cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Stir together butter, olive oil, chile flakes, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spread evenly over cut sides of baguette and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
Broil until golden and slightly crisp, 2–3 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives. Cut into 2-inch slices.