This is super simple and a great weeknight meal. I added a can of black beans and some corn to the slow cooker about 15 minutes before serving. It was so easy and really delicious! We served the chicken in soft taco shells. This makes a lot, so for the leftovers we made some quesadillas. Really good too! You could even serve the chicken mixture over a salad for a yummy chicken taco salad.
If you are worried about the heat in this dish, make sure to use mild salsa. I used a jar of Trader Joe's salsa and it wasn't spicy. You can also kick it up with spicy salsa or some sliced fresh jalapeños.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
serves 6 to 8
- 1 (12-oz) jar salsa
- 1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- soft taco shells
- favorite taco toppings - cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, cilantro, tomatoes
Serve chicken in taco shells, in a quesadilla or on top of a salad.