This Chicken Fajita Alfredo has all the flavors of fajitas. It tasted just like the fajitas I order at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I LOVED the addition of pasta and a ridiculously simple alfredo sauce. Pasta + Fajitas = YUM! The whole recipe only has 7 ingredients - chicken, onion, bell pepper, fajita seasoning, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and pasta. Can't beat that!
I cooked the chicken, vegetables and sauce while the pasta cooked. Once the pasta was done cooking, everything was ready to be tossed together. I loved that I didn't have to do any prep work and dinner was ready in 15 minutes. Perfect weeknight meal!
For the pasta, I used Ronzoni Gluten Free® Penne Rigate. It tasted just like regular white pasta. No one would ever know it was gluten free. The pasta is made with brown rice, white rice, corn and quinoa. It is that unique multigrain blend that gives it that white pasta taste. You also get 19 grams of whole grains in every serving!
You prepare Ronzoni Gluten Free® pasta pretty much the same way you prepare regular pasta. Gluten free pasta is a little more sensitive than regular pasta, so make sure to follow the directions for recommended water amounts and be sure to rinse the pasta in warm water.
Chicken Fajita Alfredo
- 8oz Ronzoni Gluten Free® Penne Rigate
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 (1.12oz) package gluten-free fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with warm water, set aside.
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle chicken, pepper and onion slices with gluten-free fajita seasoning.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, peppers and onions. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Add cream, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese. Add pasta to sauce and toss.
Connect with Ronzoni Gluten Free® pasta on their Official Website, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
What is your favorite quick and delicious pasta recipe?
Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!Entry Instructions:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/13 - 11/13
Be sure to visit Ronzoni’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!