I am obsessed with this Cajun Hash Brown Casserole. I was ridiculously good!!! Cheesy hash brown casserole loaded with chicken and smoked sausage. Seriously amazing! I literally ate this three days in a row. Once for dinner and twice for lunch. I loved it!
This Cajun Hash Brown Casserole is a great weeknight meal. You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze it for later. I like to make this and split it between two foil pans. I bake one and freeze one for later. I have one in the freezer right now. I'm saving it for Fat Tuesday. This is PERFECT for Mardi Gras!!
Cajun Hash Brown Casserole
serves 8 to 10
- 2-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (14-oz) package smoked turkey sausage (can use regular), sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 (10.75-oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (32-oz) package frozen hash browns
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large skillet, cook smoked sausage and oil over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until sausage is lightly browned. (This is optional, but gives it a nice color and a little extra flavor.)
In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, smoked sausage, soup, sour cream, cajun seasoning, cheddar cheese and hash browns. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour.