Bacon Bourbon BBQ Chicken – THE BEST chicken EVER! Chicken coated in a BBQ Bacon paste and brushed with Bourbon BBQ sauce. Chicken, bacon, bourbon, bbq sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika, brown sugar. We made this twice in one week it was SO good. Even our picky eaters asked for seconds! Make this!! #grilling #chicken #grilledchicken #bacon
This Bacon Bourbon BBQ Chicken recipe came from Plain Chicken reader, Jennifer. She emailed it to me back in January and we’ve been making it ever since! Y’all! This chicken is SOOOO good! This recipe is unique because chicken is coated in BACON! You rub a BBQ bacon paste on all the chicken and throw it on the grill. Before you take it off the grill, brush it with an easy Bourbon BBQ Sauce.
The chicken is coated in a BBQ Bacon paste. To make the paste you put RAW bacon and seasonings in the food processor and let it process into a paste. Spread that paste all over the chicken and then place it on the grill. You can do this ahead of time if you prefer. You can make the paste and refrigerate it or make the paste and coat the chicken and then refrigerate.
We could not stop raving about this chicken. We ended up making it twice in a week. It tasted fantastic! We ate it for lunch and leftover for dinner. I even ate some of the leftovers in a wrap for lunch one day. Add this to your menu ASAP!
We love to serve this BBQ chicken with some baked beans, and mac & cheese. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this grilled chicken:
Bacon Bourbon BBQ Chicken
- 6 slices bacon, uncooked and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken (breasts, tenders, or thighs)
- 1 cup prepared BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup bourbon
- In a food processor, combine uncooked bacon, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika, and brown sugar. Pulse until smooth.
- Put chicken in a bowl or dish and rub with bacon paste until well coated.
- Whisk together BBQ sauce and bourbon.
- Grill chicken until done – 12 to 15 minutes. Brush chicken on both sides with BBQ sauce mixture and cook an additional minute.
- Serve with remaining BBQ sauce.