Bacon Mac & Cheese with Wisconsin Gruyère
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (or 4 tsp dried rosemary)
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ pound bacon, diced, fried crisp and drained (recommend Benton’s Bacon)
- 1 pound elbow macaroni or short hollow pasta
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Gruyère cheese, grated
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon pasta water.
Place cream in large saucepan with rosemary. Add salt and pepper. Bring to boil and keep at boil until reduced by half.
Stir in bacon and pasta and simmer until hot; add the Gruyère cheese and 1 tablespoon of pasta water. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.