Buffalo Chicken Chili – ready in under 30 minutes!! Ground chicken, black beans, chili beans, tomato sauce, chicken broth, buffalo sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic and onions – SO good! Can adjust the heat up or down to your taste. Top with cheese and sour cream!
I had some leftover wing sauce and I decided to make some Buffalo Chicken Chili with it. It was SO delicious. I used ground chicken. This was the first time that I have ever used ground chicken – it was great in this chili. It cooked up easily and had little to no fat.
This chili had a kick from the wing sauce. I would suggest starting with a ½ cup and gradually more if you like your food spicy. I added a whole cup of wing sauce, but I love spicy food. I served the chili with some of my favorite Butter Dip biscuits (I added cheese). Everything was great, and it was even great reheated for lunch. This would be a great addition to your Super Bowl party this weekend!
Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz)can Bush’s Chili Beans, undrained
- 2 (8-oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ -1 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- ½ cup water (optional)
- Brown meat in a Dutch oven with olive oil over medium heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain any fat. Return meat to Dutch oven.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese, and Fritos – if desired.
Jazz – if you use chicken breasts in the crockpot, cook it on low for 6-8 hours and shred the chicken before serving
This is on for tomorrow! Can I do this in the crock pot you think? With frozen breasts? How long would you cook it??
That is exactly the way I like my chili with big chunks of cheese.
One of my favorite soups in the world!!! Definitely a crowd pleaser…..might have to make that for the Super Bowl!
I think I'll make this for Sunday and they can either eat in a bowl or over chips for some yummy nachos!
How creative–I like it!