Caramel Apple Pie Poke Cake Recipe – apple cake soaked in caramel sauce topped with cool whip and toffee bits – AMAZING! Cake mix, apple pie filling, cinnamon, eggs, milk, sweetened condensed milk, caramel ice cream topping, cool whip, and toffee bits. Top the cake with extra caramel sauce. Can make ahead of time and refrigerate. It gets better as it sits in the fridge. This is a real crowd-pleaser! #cake #apple #caramel #pokecake #dessert
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
This Caramel Apple Pie Poke Cake is Fall on a plate. Apples, cinnamon, caramel, and toffee. It is one of my favorite poke cakes. Like all of my other poke cakes, this cake is super easy to make and tastes delicious! This is a great dessert for a potluck, Fall festival, or party. I’ve even made this for Thanksgiving. Everyone LOVES it!
How to Make Apple Pie Poke Cake
This Caramel Apple Pie Poke Cake starts with my Apple Pie Cake recipe. Bake the cake and as soon as it comes out of the oven, poke holes in it and pour a condensed milk and caramel mixture on top. Once the cake cools, top it with cool whip and toffee bits.
- Do NOT make the cake according to the package directions. You are only going to use the dry cake mix.
- I used a box of yellow cake mix. This would also be good with a spice cake mix or butter pecan cake mix.
- What can I use instead of cool whip? You can substitute fresh whipped cream for the cool whip on this cake. Whip 1-½ cups heavy cream with ¼ cup powdered sugar.
- I used a bag of Heath Bar toffee bits for the topping.
- Can I make Apple Pie Poke Cake in advance? The cake can be made several days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. It actually gets better as it sits in the fridge.
Great Dessert for a Crowd
This Caramel Apple Pie Poke Cake is a real crowd-pleaser. Whenever I take this to a party I never come home with any leftovers. We like to drizzle the cake with extra caramel. YUM! Give this cake a try the next time you need an easy and delicious dessert.
Caramel Apple Pie Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, apple pie filling, vanilla extract, cinnamon, eggs and milk. Mix with an electric mixer just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, combine condensed milk and caramel ice cream topping. Set aside.
- When the cake is done and while it’s still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or straw. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Sprinkle half of the toffee bite over cake. Spread Cool Whip over the top, then sprinkle the remaining toffee bits on top. Chill.