Cast Iron Skillet Burgers – perfectly cooked burgers in only 6 minutes using your favorite cast iron skillet! This is our go-to method for cooking burgers at home. We rarely cook burgers on the grill anymore. This way is SO much easier and the burgers taste AMAZING! So tender and juicy!
I love a good burger. We usually grill our burgers, but it has been so cold lately that I had to cook them inside. I got an awesome Lodge Cast Iron Skillet for Christmas. I have been looking for ways to use it and decided to cook some burgers in it last weekend. OMG! Best burger ever and they took less than 10 minutes! It was actually only 6 minutes of cooking time. You can’t beat that! We may never grill burgers again!
You can form the hamburger patties ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to cook them. This recipe makes four 6-ounce burgers. We think that is the perfect size. The cooking times listed in the recipe are for 6-ounce burgers. The burgers are perfectly cooked! If you like smaller burgers, you will need to adjust the times listed below.
These Cast Iron Skillet Burgers have quickly become a favorite! They tasted just as good as Five Guy’s and Shake Shack. You can use this cooking method on any of our burger recipes. We usually serve the burgers with some french fries or potato salad. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with these yummy burgers:
Cast Iron Skillet Burgers
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp water, divided
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- burger toppings
- Form meat into 4 thick hamburger patties.
- Heat oil to smoking over medium-high heat in large cast iron skillet.
- Place burgers in skillet. Cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of water to pan and immediately cover. Cook for 1 minute.
- Uncover skillet, flip burgers, and top each burger with 2 slices of cheese. Add remaining 2 Tbsp of water and cover. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from skillet and place on hamburger buns. Top with favorite burger toppings.
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe