I don’t know about you, but Quick & Easy is my dinner motto during the week. When I saw this open faced sandwich on Tasty Kitchen I knew it fit the bill. Since I am a planner, I cooked the chicken the night before and mixed everything else in it when I got home. Dinner was on the table in less than 30 minutes! I love that during the week! This sandwich was really good. We both ate too much of it. Give it a try for a quick dinner or easy lunch!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Bake
adapted from Tasty Kitchen
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 whole green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cups ranch dressing (more or less to taste)
- ½ whole loaf of French bread (cut whole loaf in half lengthwise and just use one half)
- 2 whole roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, green onions, bacon and enough ranch dressing to make a chicken salad. Scoop and spread onto bread. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with cheese. Bake just until cheese is bubbly and golden. (I put it under the broiler for a minute to brown the cheese after it was warm) Cut into slices and serve.