Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole – chicken, fajita seasoning, bell peppers, onions, noodles, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and cheese. Seriously delicious! Can make ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze for later. Makes a lot – can split between 2 pans and freeze one for later. Everyone loves this casserole!
Remember this recipe
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
We love making chicken noodle casseroles for dinner. They are easy to make and can be made ahead of time for an easy weeknight meal. I was in the mood for Mexican food, so I decided to make a Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole. Chicken Fajitas are my favorite Mexican dish, so I was excited to see how the casserole turned out. Well, it turned out delicious! I mean seriously delicious! Chicken, fajita seasoning, bell peppers, onions, noodles, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and cheese! How could it be bad?!?!?!
This is super easy to make. Start with cooking the egg noodles. While the noodles are cooking, sauté some chicken tossed in fajita seasoning with bell peppers and onions. Finally, combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup, Mexican cheese, the cooked noodles and chicken mixture. Spread into a baking dish and pop it in the oven.
This casserole can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen for later. This makes a ton, so you can split it between two pans and freeze one for later. LOVE being able to pull a casserole out of the freezer for a quick weeknight meal!
Feel free to top the casserole with your favorite taco toppings. I like to add a dollop of sour cream and some homemade salsa. We serve this casserole with some black beans, green beans, or a chopped salad. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this yummy chicken casserole:
Chicken Fajita Noodle Casserole
- 1¼ pounds boneless chicken breast or tenders
- 1 (1-oz) package fajita seasoning
- 2 bell peppers chopped (red, yellow, green)
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (10.75-oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-oz) container sour cream
- 1 (12-oz) package egg noodles
- 2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken into small bite-sized pieces. Toss with fajita seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add fajita coated chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl. combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream and 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Stir in cooked chicken and vegetables. Stir in cooked noodles. Pour into prepared 9×13-inch pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.