I made this for dinner tonight and it was FANTASTIC! It is one of my new favorite recipes. This is quick and easy to make. I used rotisserie chicken and this was assembled in under 10 minutes. I baked it for 35 minutes and then put it under the broiler to brown the cheese. I will be making this again and again!!
adapted from Southern Living
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used half a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (can use grated in a can)
- 1 (10 3/4-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-oz) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce (can use light)
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 7 ounces vermicelli, cooked
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, stir together chicken, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, and next 4 ingredients; stir in pasta. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Turn on the broiler and cook until cheese is brown.