adapted from Cookie Madness
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted cake flour (7.5 oz/210 grams)
- 2 cups cornflakes, crushed after measuring
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans (or walnuts)
- Powdered sugar and extra cinnamon for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon with an electric mixer. Stir in the cake flour followed by the cornflakes and nuts.
Shape dough into about 48 small balls. Arrange on cookie sheets (these don’t spread much) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from pan. Roll in powdered sugar while warm.