Easy No-Boil Chicken Manicotti – so easy and seriously delicious! Everyone loved this easy pasta casserole and asked for seconds! YES! Manicotti noodles, chicken tenders, spaghetti sauce, water, garlic, Italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese. No need to boil the noodles or cook the chicken – it all bakes in the casserole dish. A family favorite! #pasta #casserole #manicotti #chickenrecipe
I came across this Easy Chicken Manicotti recipe in one of my old cookbooks, and I couldn’t resist giving it a try. There is no boiling, no precooking the chicken. Just stuff the unbaked manicotti shells with raw chicken tenders, top with sauce and cheese then bake. SO easy and SO good!
As I said, you aren’t going to boil the pasta or cook the chicken. You are going to stuff the uncooked chicken inside the manicotti noodle. It will cook with the pasta in the casserole dish. I know this sounds crazy, but it totally worked. I did have to cut my raw chicken tenders into two or three pieces and stuff it in both sides of the pasta noodle to make it work. If you don’t have any chicken tenders on hand, feel free to slice up a boneless chicken breast or two.
I like to use a jar of Trader Joe’s Roasted Garlic Marinara or Rao’s jarred sauce for this recipe. They are my favorite jarred spaghetti sauces.
Serve this Easy Chicken Manicotti with a salad and some bread for a simple and delicious meal!
Easy Chicken Manicotti
- 10 manicotti shells, uncooked
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 (26-oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Insert chicken tender into each uncooked manicotti shell. You may need to cut the chicken in half and push it into each end of the pasta shell.
- Place pasta shells in prepared dish.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and water. Pour over pasta noodles, making sure pasta is completely covered.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
is the chicken raw when it goes into the manicotti noodle???
Oh, my! This looks good. Thanks for sharing.
Here's wishing you, Mr Chicken Legs, Jack, Squeaky, and Nacho Man Kitty Savage a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Claudine in Fort Worth, TX