Golden Macaroni and Cheese – quick homemade macaroni and cheese topped with Ritz crackers and baked. SO good – I could make a meal out of this! YUM!! Can easily half or double the recipe for a crowd! Macaroni tossed in a homemade cheese sauce – butter, flour, milk, dry mustard, onion, Worcestershire sauce and cheddar cheese. Ready in under 30 minutes!
Remember this recipe
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
I love homemade Mac & Cheese. It has been way too long since I made some, so I decided to remedy that last weekend. This recipe is very easy to make. It only takes about 10 minutes and it is ready for the oven. It is super creamy and cheesy!
This recipe is very easy to half or double for a crowd. I topped the Golden Macaroni and Cheese with some crushed Ritz crackers. You can use breadcrumbs if you don’t have any crackers, or just bake it without a topping. Either way, it will still be delicious!!
We loved this Golden Macaroni and Cheese! I could have made a meal out of it! It goes great with everything! We like to serve it with grilled chicken, pork chops, and chicken tenders. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this casserole:
Golden Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- crushed Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray an 8×8-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour, cook 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook until thickened. Stir in salt, pepper, dry mustard, onion powder, Worcestershire and cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked pasta. Pour into prepared pan. Top with crushed Ritz crackers.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly.