Grilled Bourbon & Coke Brats Skewers – SO good! Perfect party food!! Brats, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms marinated in bourbon, coke, soy sauce, brown sugar, seasoned salt and a little cayenne. Can assemble ahead of time and throw on the grill when you are ready to eat. These were a HUGE hit at our last tailgate. NO leftovers! A must for your next tailgate #tailgating #brats #grilling #partyfood
Anyone else ready for the weekend?!?!?! I sure am! I am ready to relax and watch football all weekend. We are going to be firing up the grill for these Grilled Bourbon & Coke Brats Skewers. They are crazy good! Brats, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms marinated in bourbon, coke, soy sauce, brown sugar, and a little cayenne. Bourbon and Coke is Chicken Legs’ favorite drink, so I had no doubt that he would love these Brats Skewers.
I made small 6-inch Grilled Bourbon & Coke Brats Skewers. Since we were doing these for a football party, I wanted them to be more individual-sized. I wanted people to be able to eat a skewer and the other food at the tailgate. Feel free to make these Grilled Bourbon & Coke Brats Skewers using 10 or 12-inch skewers. Marinating and cooking time will stay the same. It is just a personal preference to what size skewers you want to use.
These Grilled Bourbon & Coke Brats Skewers were a huge hit! I loved that I could assemble them ahead of time and throw them on the grill when we were ready to eat. Perfect party food! Give these a try for your next tailgate or home tailgating football party!
Grilled Bourbon & Coke Brats Skewers
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup bourbon
- ½ cup Coke
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups whole mushroom caps
- 3 bell peppers (green, red, orange, or yellow), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (16-oz) package bratwurst, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 13 (6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Whisk together soy sauce, bourbon, Coke, brown sugar, seasoned salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Place all veggies and bratwurst pieces in a gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour bourbon and Coke mixture into bag and seal. Turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- To assemble, remove vegetables and bratwurst from marinade. Thread onto water soaked wooden skewers, alternating vegetables and bratwurst pieces.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are soft and bratwurst are no longer pink.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Is there a sub for bourbon?
Love this — what a great flavor combo for grilling! Can't wait to try this one!