Ham and Corn Grits Casserole – seriously delicious! Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!! Stone ground grits, chicken broth, ham, corn, cheddar cheese, milk, eggs, pepper and garlic. Can make ahead and refrigerate or freeze for later. Took this to a potluck and everyone asked for the recipe. DELICIOUS!!! #casserole #freezermeal #ham #breakfast #grits
This Ham & Corn Grits Casserole is a new favorite! It is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can even make it ahead of time and refrigerate or even freeze for later. Woohoo for make ahead meals!!
We LOVED this Ham & Corn Grits Casserole – cheesy grits loaded with ham and corn. YUM! This recipe uses stone ground grits. Stone ground grits are different from instant or quick cook grits. They will be in the same area at the grocery store. I also included a link below in the recipe if you want to get them online.
This Ham & Corn Grits Casserole makes a lot. It is great for brunch or potlucks. You can easily half the recipe or divide the casserole into two pans and bake one and freeze one for later.
Ham and Corn Grits Casserole
- 4-½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-½ cups Stone Ground Grits
- 2 (8-oz) packages diced boneless ham, drained
- 2 (8-oz) packages shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, bring chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in grits. Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove grits from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in the ham, milk, corn, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and eggs.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This was absolutely fantastic! Even my kids, half of whom hate grits, told me I should make this again. 100% win in our house.
Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Would Quick Grits work in place of the stone ground?
This looks delicious, but I don't like ham IN my food. Do you think shrimp could be substituted for the ham? Which you sautee it first? Thanks!
Whatever you normally substitute for ham in casseroles should be fine. I haven't made this with shrimp, so I can not answer with certainty how to prepare it.
Will this work if you use quick grits?
This looks great! I've never seen grits in a casserole, but I think we miss out on a lot of delicious grits opportunities up north! Excited to try this — do you think you could add veggies in it before you bake?
Absolutely! Green bell peppers, red peppers, broccoli, onions – whatever you like. Enjoy!
Looks good Steph – I made one of your casseroles week before last and we really enjoyed it.