Honey Mustard Chicken Fingers
adapted from The Neelys
- Olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large boneless chicken breast
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a pie plate or shallow bowl, whisk the egg, mustard, honey, cayenne, and salt and pepper, to taste, together until thoroughly combined.
Add the panko, salt and pepper, to taste, the paprika, cayenne, and garlic powder to another pie plate and whisk to combine.
Slice each chicken breast into 3-4 strips. Dredge the chicken through the wet mixture, then the dry mixture, patting the breading on so it adheres. Arrange on a baking sheet, making sure there is ample space between each piece of chicken. Give the chicken a spritz of the olive cooking spray. This will help brown and crisp up the coating.
Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.