Killer Refried Bean Dip – only 5 ingredients! Refried beans, hamburger, taco seasoning, salsa and Velveeta. Can make on the stove or in the slow cooker. This stuff is CRAZY good! Great for tailgating!! I could make a meal out of this dip. Great Mexican dip!!
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
The Best Refried Bean Dip Recipe
This Killer Refried Bean Dip is an absolute flavor explosion! It’s a mouthwatering blend of creamy refried beans, seasoned ground beef, zesty taco seasoning, chunky salsa, and that gooey, melty magic of Velveeta cheese. Each bite is like a fiesta in your mouth, with layers of savory goodness that make your taste buds dance. The beef adds a hearty and satisfying element, while the taco seasoning brings a hint of spice that’s perfectly balanced by the tangy salsa. And that Velveeta? Well, it turns everything into a velvety, cheesy dream. It’s not just good; it’s CRAZY good! One taste, and you’ll understand why I could make a whole meal out of this irresistible Mexican dip. Trust me, your taste buds are in for a fiesta of flavor!
How to Make Killer Refried Bean Bean Dip
This appetizer is super easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. Start with browning some ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess grease. Add taco seasoning, salsa, Velveeta cheese, and refried beans to the pan. Heat the mixture on low heat and stir until the cheese has melted and the dip is warm. Garnish with green onions or fresh cilantro.
Helpful Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
- You can substitute ground turkey or ground pork sausage for ground beef.
- Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- black olives
- lime juice
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- Don’t like Velveeta? We like Velveeta in this dip because it melts beautifully and has a great creamy texture. You can substitute any cheese that you prefer. Cheddar cheese, colby-jack, Monterey jack, or pepper jack cheese.
- Here is our recipe for HomemadeTaco Seasoning made with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and black pepper: https://www.plainchicken.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/
- Can I make Refried Bean dip in the crockpot? Yes! I made this on the stove, but you could also make it in the microwave or slow cooker. Either way, it will taste amazing!
- Our favorite store-bought salsa is Mateo’s Salsa or Kylito’s Salsa.
- Here is our recipe for Homemade Salsa Recipe: https://www.plainchicken.com/superior-grill-salsa/
- This recipe is easy to double or triple for a crowd.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Mexican Bean Dip for a Crowd
When it comes to serving up this Killer Bean Dip, the options are as delicious as they are endless. Whether you’re gearing up for a game day gathering or simply craving a savory snack, you’re in for a treat! Grab a big bowl of tortilla chips or corn chips, and you’ve got the classic and irresistible combo that will have everyone hovering around the dip bowl. For a heartier meal, consider serving it alongside some warm, soft flour tortillas, allowing you to scoop up generous portions of this creamy, cheesy goodness. Crisp veggies like sliced bell peppers and celery sticks add a refreshing crunch to balance out the richness of the dip. So, whether you’re dipping, scooping, or crunching, this bean dip is sure to be the star of your next fiesta!
Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this Mexican bean dip:
Killer Refried Bean Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 (16-oz) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (28-oz) can refried beans
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef; drain.
- In a large pot, combine cooked beef, taco seasoning, salsa, Velveeta and refried beans. Cook on low for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and dip is warm.