Killer Bean Dip – only 5 ingredients! Refried beans, hamburger, taco seasoning, salsa and Velveeta. Can make on the stove or in the slow cooker. This stuff is CRAZY good! Great for tailgating!! I could make a meal out of this dip. Great Mexican dip!!
This Killer Bean Dip is just that – KILLER! SO good! We actually ate this for lunch the day I tested the recipe. Hamburger, taco seasoning, salsa, Velveeta, and refried beans. All of my favorites in one dip! It is way better than any dip from our favorite Mexican restaurant. Chicken Legs isn’t’ a fan of refried beans, but he loved this dip!
Tips for Making Killer Bean Dip
This dip is super easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. Start with browning some ground beef in a skillet. Next add taco seasoning, salsa, Velveeta, and refried beans. Heat the mixture on low until the cheese has melted and the dip is warm.
- I made this on the stove, but you could also make it in the microwave or slow cooker. Either way, it will taste amazing!
- You can substitute ground turkey for ground beef.
- Can use store-bought salsa or homemade. For store-bought salsa, I like Mateo’s Salsa or Kylito’s Salsa. For homemade, I like our Superior Grill Salsa Recipe: https://www.plainchicken.com/superior-grill-salsa/
- This recipe is easy to double or triple for a crowd.
Mexican Bean Dip for a Crowd
We ate this with some Fritos, but it would be great with tortilla chips or even some veggies for a gluten-free option. Serve this dip at your next tailgate/football party. I promise it will be a touchdown!! Even though you could make a meal out of this yummy dip, you probably need a few more things to round out your party spread. Here area few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this Mexican bean dip:
Killer Bean Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 (16-oz) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (28-oz) can refried beans
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef; drain.
- In a large pot, combine cooked beef, taco seasoning, salsa, Velveeta and refried beans. Cook on low for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and dip is warm.