Glazed Lemon Brownies Recipe – homemade blondies with lemon juice and lemon zest – topped with a quick lemon glaze. My favorite dessert. Super simple to make and they are to-die-for delicious! Butter, sugar, flour, eggs, lemons, salt, and powdered sugar. One bite and you will be blown away. A must for the lemon lover in your life. This makes a lot of brownies. It is a great make-ahead recipe for parties and potlucks!
Easy Lemon Bars Recipe
These Glazed Lemon Brownies are one of our favorite dessert recipes. I’ve been making them for years! They are my go-to recipe for potlucks and cookouts. The brownies are light and not overly sweet. The light lemon glaze on top puts these bars over the top. We could not stop eating them. I am making them again this weekend. I can’t stop thinking about them!
How to Make Glazed Lemon Browines
These brownies are super simple to make. Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Slowly add all-purpose flour and salt, mixing until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake. Let the brownies cool before adding the glaze. To make, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour over cooled brownies and allow to set up before cutting into bars.
- I highly suggest using fresh lemon juice in these brownies. I really think it makes a difference. You can use bottled juice, but, since you need lemon zest, why not just use fresh lemon juice.
- How long do brownies last? Store cut brownie squares in an airtight container at room temperature; they’re best eaten within 1 to 2 days. The pan of uncut brownies wrapped in plastic will keep at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Can brownies be frozen? Yes! Bake the brownies and cool completely. Do NOT add the glaze. Wrap the unglazed brownies in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw and add the glaze before cutting into squares.
Lemon Blondies are Great for a Crowd
This is my go-to recipe for whenever I need a recipe for a crowd. They are easy to make and everyone LOVES them. If you have a lemon lover in your life, you MUST make these brownies ASAP!
Need more dessert recipe ideas? Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog:
Frozen Lemon Icebox Pie – only 4 ingredients! A store-bought graham cracker crust filled with a no-churn lemon ice cream…
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl on an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until fully incorporated. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Slowly add the flour and salt, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour over cooled cake and allow to set up before cutting into bars.
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe