This is not the update I was expecting to give today. Nacho Man Kitty Savage passed away last week.
Nacho Man had a condition called Pyothorax. It is basically where one lung and the cavity outside the lung fills with fluid. It is not a common condition. Our local vet had never seen a case of it.
We did everything possible to help Nacho Man fight off the infection. In the end, his little heart couldn’t take it.
He passed away in Auburn when they were prepping him for his surgery. The vet and vet tech were shocked. They said he was feisty and flirting with all the ladies before surgery. They couldn’t believe that he died. They gave him CPR, but he was gone.
Chicken Legs saw him after he passed away and said everyone in the vet office was stunned and upset. The vet tech was crying with him.????
Nacho Man Kitty Savage was only with us for about a year, but we are absolutely heartbroken over his passing. He was the sweetest kitty I’ve ever had. He was so loving. Always slow blinking at me. He LOVED being on the screened deck watching the birds, making biscuits on his blanket and drooling, sleeping. and playing with Jack.
We can’t believe that he is gone. The house is empty without him.