Parmesan Rice Grits – SO easy and delicious! Rice grits, chicken broth, half and half, butter, parmesan cheese, and rosemary. Dump everything in the pot, cook then stir in cheese and rosemary. SO good and creamy. A delicious gluten-free side dish the whole family will enjoy!
On our trip to Ponte Vedra in January, we had dinner at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse. The food was outstanding! We ended up having a variety of appetizers for our meal. One of our favorites was the Grouper over Parmesan Rice Grits. The grouper was delicious and the Parmesan Rice Grits were out of this world delicious! I knew I had to recreate the grits at home.
One of my Instagram followers told me to check out Delta Blues Rice online for the rice grits. I promptly ordered some and made these grits. They turned out great! Chicken Legs took one bite and was in love!
This has become a standard side dish for us. The grits only take about 20 minutes to make. Basically dump everything in a pan, cook for 20 minutes, and stir in the cheese. So easy! The grits also came with a recipe for Rice Grit Risotto. I love risotto, so we will definitely be giving that recipe a try very soon!
We serve these grits with just about everything! Steaks, chicken, pork. Basically anything you would serve rice or mashed potatoes with. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this side dish:
Parmesan Rice Grits
- 1 cup rice grits
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1¾ cup half and half, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- In a large pan, combine rice grits chicken broth, 1 cup half-and-half, salt, and butter. Bring to a boil.
- Stir. Cover and simmer on low for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice grits are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, remaining 3/4 cup half and half, pepper and rosemary.
- Add additional half and half to achieve desired creaminess.
Remember this recipe
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe