Pina Colada Poke Cake – cake loaded with coconut, pineapple and rum. This cake is SO good!! It gets better as it sits in the refrigerator. Yellow cake with pineapple and rum, soaked in cream of coconut and topped with a cream cheese frosting and shredded coconut. Golden Butter Cake Mix, oil, eggs, crushed pineapple, sour cream, rum extract, cream of coconut, cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, coconut. Great for parties and potlucks. There are NEVER any leftovers!! SO good!! #cake #pinacolada #pokecake #dessertrecipe
Pina Colada Cake
- 1 box Golden Butter Cake Mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-oz) container sour cream
- 1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tsp Rum Extract
- 1 (15-oz) can Cream of Coconut
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 (16-oz) box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, sour cream, crushed pineapple and rum extract. Mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Poke holes in top of cake and pour cream of coconut over cake. Cool completely.
- With a handheld mixer, beat together cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, a little at a time. Mix well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake. Top with shredded coconut.
- Serve with cherries, if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Can you just use rum instead of rum extract?