Puffy Tacos – my favorite way to eat tacos! Only 5 ingredients – hamburger, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chiles, cheese and puff pastry. Ready to eat in minutes!! Can make ahead of time and freeze for later. Great for tailgating and parties!
Remember this recipe
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
Tacos made with Puff Pastry
These Puffy Tacos are my new favorite way to eat tacos. They were SO good! We dipped them in some salsa, ranch dip, and a combination of the two. These tacos taste great right out of the oven or at room temperature. We even reheated the leftovers for lunch the next day. They tasted great every time.
There are only 5 ingredients in these tacos and they only take a few minutes to assemble. Start with browning some ground beef. Next, add some taco seasoning, water, and Rotel diced tomatoes. Once the taco meat is done, it is time to assemble the tacos. Cut puff pastry sheets into squares. Top each square down the diagonal with taco meat and cheese. Pull the edges to the middle and place them on a baking sheet and bake.
The best part about these tacos is that you can assemble them ahead of time and freeze them unbaked for later. Perfect for tailgating and holiday parties!
Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with these tacos:
WATCH How to Make Puffy Tacos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (17.3-oz) package puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chiles and water. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Pastries: Unfold pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 9 squares.
- Arrange taco meat down diagonal center of the pastry squares. Sprinkle with some of the shredded cheddar cheese. Fold two opposite corners of each square over the filling and press edges to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.