Sausage McMuffin Casserole – Chopped English muffins, sausage, cheese, eggs and milk. Can make a day ahead of time and bake for breakfast, lunch or dinner. All the flavors of a Sausage McMuffin from Mc Donald’s in a yummy breakfast casserole. Serve with maple syrup!
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
One of our favorite breakfast casseroles is the McMuffin Casserole on the blog. It is SO good! I didn’t have any Canadian bacon in the house, so I decided to try it with sausage. Sausage McMuffins are my favorite fast food breakfast, so I had high hopes for this version. The verdict? Delicious!!!
Chopped English muffins, sausage, cheese, eggs and milk. I mixed this up in the morning and we ate this for lunch. Chicken Legs recommends serving this with some maple syrup. I gave it a try with the syrup and it was really good. This would be great for an easy weekday breakfast, brunch, or even overnight guests. Serve this with some fresh fruit for a complete meal!
**I used Bay’s English Muffins in this casserole. They are in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. I think they hold up really well in this casserole and don’t get soggy.**
As I said, this was a HUGE hit at our house. We make it all the time. This is a very filling casserole, so you don’t need a lot to go with it. We usually just have some fruit or grits. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this breakfast casserole:
Sausage McMuffin Casserole
- 4 English muffins, split (Bays)
- 8- oz breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Cut each half of the English muffins into 6 pieces. Add half of the cubed English muffins in a single layer. Top with half of the sausage and ½ cup of the cheese. Layer the remaining English muffins and sausage and ½ cup more cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the casserole. Wrap the baking dish with plastic wrap and place refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 1 day.
- Bake at 325 degrees 45 to 50 minutes.