Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken & Rice – only 6 ingredients! SO simple and SO delicious! Kids (and adults) gobble this casserole up! Chicken, onion soup mix, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, Velveeta, and long grain & wild rice. We make this at least once a month. So easy and SO delicious! #slowcooker #crockpot #chicken #casserole
Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice Casserole
Easy weeknight meals are a must at our house. I am sure they are at your house as well. This Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken & Rice is on repeat. There are only six simple ingredients in this recipe. You probably have them in your pantry right now! It is super easy to make. You literally dump everything in the crockpot and let it cook dinner. Serve this with some green beans and a roll and dinner is DONE!
How to Make Crockpot Chicken & Rice
This chicken & rice casserole is super easy to make. Spray the slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Mix together the cream of chicken soup and onion soup mix. Spread over the chicken and cook. Shred the chicken with two forks and add sour cream, velveeta, and cooked rice. Stir and cook on LOW until the cheese has melted. Easy peasy!
- Can use any cream of soup you prefer – chicken, mushroom, or celery work great.
- I used one box of Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice. Feel free to use two boxes of rice if you want a thicker mixture.
- Can substitute any cooked rice you prefer – white, brown, jasmine will work fine.
- You can cook the rice the day/night before and refrigerate until ready to stir into casserole.
- I used boneless skinless chicken breasts. You can also use boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or chicken thighs.
- Can use frozen chicken.
- This is a great recipe to add some vegetables to the mixture. Broccoli, peas, and mushrooms work well.
What to Serve with Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice
As I said, this chicken dish has been on repeat at our house. I love how creamy and delicious it is. I especially love how easy this is to make. We like to serve this with some green beans and rolls. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this yummy chicken casserole:
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken & Rice
- 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package Lipton's onion soup mix
- 1 (10.75-oz) can Cream of Chicken or Mushroom soup
- 1 (6.2-oz) box Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1 (8-oz) container sour cream
- 4- oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Top chicken with cream of chicken soup.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Using two forks, shred cooked chicken in the slow cooker. Stir in sour cream and Velveeta cheese.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir into shredded chicken and cook until cheese has melted.
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe