Taco Biscuit Bites Recipe – taco seasoned sausage, green chiles and cheese baked in mini biscuit cups! SERIOUSLY delicious! Great for parties and tailgates!!! Can make ahead for easy entertaining. Only 5 ingredients and ready to eat in 15 minutes! Dip in salsa and/or ranch. These things FLY off the plate!
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
Football season is in full swing!! As much as I love watching the games, I really, really LOVE tailgating! For this weekend’s tailgate, I decided to make these yummy Taco Biscuit Bites. They are a new favorite!
How to Make Taco Biscuit Bites
Not only are these Taco Biscuit Bites delicious, but they are also super easy to make and ready to eat in about 15 minutes! Start with separating each biscuit into two rounds. Press the biscuits into a mini muffin pan. Next combine the sausage, taco seasoning, green chiles, and cheese. For the sausage mixture into balls and press into the biscuits. Pop the biscuit bites into the oven and bake.
One note on this recipe, you do NOT pre-cook the sausage. You bake the sausage raw inside the mini biscuit cups. I PROMISE that it gets fully cooked.
If you like to make recipes ahead of time, you can mix up the sausage mixture and finish assembling them when you are ready to bake. You could even make them all the way and freeze them and just reheat them for later. Either way is great.
These Taco Biscuit Bites scored BIG on taste in our house. We made a test batch this week and ate them for lunch. OMG! Seriously delicious!! Sausage seasoned with taco seasoning, green chiles, cheese and baked in biscuits. I mean, how can that be bad?!?!
What to Serve with Taco Bites
We just ate the biscuit bites plain, but they would also be great dipped in some salsa, ranch or a combo of salsa & ranch. YUM! Here are a few of our favorite dipping sauces from the blog that go great with these biscuit bites:
Taco Biscuit Bites
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray MINI muffin pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix uncooked sausage, taco seasoning, green chiles and cheese gently until well blended. Shape into 40 balls of equal size.
- Remove biscuits from cans and separate each biscuit into two layers, making 40 total biscuit layers. Press one layer of biscuit into cup of lightly greased MINI muffin pan. Repeat with remaining layers.
- Place sausage-cheese ball in each biscuit cup.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are browned and sausage balls are bubbly.