Taco Hissy Fit Dip Recipe – You will definitely throw a hissy fit if you miss out on this dip! Crazy good! Ground beef, taco seasoning, Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, sour cream, Velveeta, muenster cheese. Can mix together and refrigerate a day before baking. Serve with chips and veggies! It is always gone in a flash!
Remember this recipe
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
Easy Mexican Taco Dip Recipe
I made this Taco Hissy Fit Dip for our tailgate last weekend and it was a HUGE hit! Warm sour cream dip loaded with taco meat, cheese, and Rotel tomatoes. I mean how could it not be good! We ate this with chips, but it would also be delicious in some tortillas. I honestly could make a meal out of this yummy taco dip!
How To Make Taco Hissy Fit Dip
This Taco Hissy Fit Dip is super easy to make. Start with browning the ground beef. Drain the fat and add a packet of taco seasoning and a can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles. Let that simmer for a few minutes and then remove from the stove and cool slightly. Next combine sour cream, cheeses, and taco meat. Transfer the dip to a baking dish and bake. Easy peasy!
I used a package of Velveeta shreds in this dip. I buy it at Walmart. It works great for dips like this. If you can’t find the shreds, just make sure to chop the Velveeta cheese into really small pieces.
Feel free to swap the ground beef for ground turkey. You could also try ground chicken if you prefer. Either way, it will still taste delicious!
Can Taco Hissy Fit Dip be Made Ahead of Time?
This dip can be made in advance and refrigerated overnight. Just pop it in the oven when you are ready to start the party!
Can this Dip be Made in the Crockpot?
Absolutely! You can mix up the dip and heat it in the slow cooker. I would let the dip cook a couple of hours on LOW to make sure it is heated through. This is a great way to keep the dip warm throughout the whole party.
Taco Hissy Fit Dip is Great for a Crowd
You will most definitely throw a Hissy Fit if you miss out on this dip. It is SOOOO good! It is loaded with all of my favorite things – cheese and tacos! As I said, we served this with tortilla chips. It is also great with Fritos or some celery sticks. Here are a few of our favorite party recipes that go great with this dip:
Taco Hissy Fit Dip
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10-oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 8- oz Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes or shredded
- 1 cup shredded muenster cheese
- 1 (16-oz) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat. Add taco seasoning and Rotel tomatoes to ground beef. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.
- In a large bowl, mix together taco meat and remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake covered for 30 to 40 minutes, until bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, or celery sticks.