The Ultimate Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich with mayonnaise on the outside
We are in the final stretch of the holidays! I don’t know about you, but I am all about quick and easy meals this time of year. This Ultimate Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich fits the bill! It is super quick and easy to make and it tastes DELICIOUS! Perfect for when you need a break from all the hectic holiday activities! You only need few ingredients (bread, cheese, roasted veggies, and Hellmann’s Mayonnaise) and about 5 minutes for a super yummy meal!
Now, here is where you have to trust me. Instead of butter on the outside of the bread, you use Hellmann’s Mayonnaise! I know it sounds strange, but it is AH-MAZ-ING! The bread is perfectly crispy and perfectly delicious. This is the only way we make our grilled cheese sandwiches.
Hellmann’s calls this sandwich the Perfectly Crispy Grilled Cheese and Veggie Strangewich. LOVE that name! Like I said, this is a strangewich, but it is the most delicious strangewich we’ve ever eaten!
The Ultimate Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 Tbsp Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 slices crusty whole grain bread
- 1-oz sliced or shredded low-fat white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced roasted vegetables or grilled vegetables (sliced eggplant, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and onions)
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked (optional)
- Spread one slice of bread with Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise. Place bread mayonnaise-side-down into hot skillet; add cheese, bacon and vegetables.
- Spread other slice of bread with mayonnaise and place mayonnaise-side-up on top of vegetables.
- Cook until lightly browned on one side. Flip over and cook until cheese is melted.
TIP: To roast or grill vegetables, preheat oven or grill to 400°F. Toss veggies with oil and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Roast or grill, turning as needed, until golden and tender.
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
Sounds magnificent a masterpiece!!!