This Spicy Chicken Enchilada Skillet is awesome! OMG! So yummy! I wolfed down my serving, and I was sad that I didn't have room for a second helping. I ate this for lunch the next day and it was just as good. When you reheat it, add a little chicken broth to keep it from drying out.
I didn't think this dish was super spicy, but the heat will all depend on the type of salsa you use (I used Trader Joe's). If you are worried about the heat, use a mild salsa or substitute some diced tomatoes for the salsa.
Spicy Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jar (12oz) enchilada sauce
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz campanelle pasta (or penne)
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
Add onion flakes, garlic powder, enchilada sauce, black beans, broth, salsa, cream, and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.
Remove skillet from heat. Top with cheese and sprinkle with parsley or cilantro. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.