This dish is super easy to make. It only took about 30 minutes from start to finish. I love quick and tasty meals, especially during the week! This makes a lot. Fortunately, it is great reheated for lunch or dinner the next day.
Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes (regular or mild)
- 1/2 cup onion and chive cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz campanelle pasta (or penne)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
In a 12-inch oven safe skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat. Add onion flakes, broth, tomatoes, cream cheese, pasta, bacon, salt and pepper and stir.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in half of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN