This Green Chile Chicken Rice-A-Roni Casserole can be made ahead of time and even frozen for later. Such a convenient weeknight meal! I actually have one in the freezer right now!
Just a note on this recipe- I used a box of Chicken Rice-A-Roni for this casserole, but you could definitely use my homemade version of Chicken Rice-A-Roni in this dish. Either is great.
- 1 box Chicken Rice-a-Roni, plus water called for on package
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10-3/4oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (4.5oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups (12 oz) chopped cooked chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
Prepare Chicken Rice-a-Roni according to package directions.
In a large bowl, combine sour cream, Cream of Chicken soup, green chiles, cumin, 1 cup of pepper jack cheese and cooked chicken. Stir in prepared rice. Spoon into prepared baking pan.
Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of pepper jack cheese on top of casserole. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.