You can make this dip ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it for your football party. It tastes great hot or at room temperature. We served this dip with some Fritos, but you could also use tortilla chips or some celery. It will be fabulous either way!
**To transport the hot dip to the parking lot, I use this Pyrex Portable 4-Piece Set. It works great!
Microwave the hot/cold pack and it will keep your food warm for hours! **
serves 8 to 10
- 1 (10oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8oz) container sour cream
- 1 (3oz) package precooked bacon pieces
- 1 (1oz) package Ranch dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
Mix together spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, Ranch mix and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Spread into prepared pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly. Serve with Fritos and tortilla chips.