Strawberry Pie Cake – doctored up cake mix with strawberry pie filling and vanilla extract. Topped with a quick homemade white chocolate frosting. Cake mix, pie filling, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and white chocolate chips. Can substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips for a chocolate frosted cake. This cake is requested for birthdays and potlucks! SO good! #cake #strawberry #cakemix #piefilling #dessert
This Strawberry Pie Cake is a new favorite. Moist strawberry cake topped with a quick homemade white chocolate frosting. I love a good strawberry cake and this one is about as good as it gets! Not only is this cake super delicious, but it is also super duper easy to make!!!
To make the cake, mix together a box of cake mix, pie filling, eggs, and milk. Pour into a cake pan and bake. Let the cake cool completely. While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. Combine sugar, butter, milk, and white chocolate in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and pour over the cooled cake. Let the icing cool and set up before serving.
You can make this cake a day or two in advance and store it covered in the refrigerator. I made this cake for a cookout and it was a huge hit! Everyone asked for the recipe. This cake would be great for any upcoming potlucks or birthdays. All you need is a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and you have a quick, easy, and delicious dessert!
Strawberry Pie Cake
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 (21-oz) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pie filling, vanilla extract, eggs and milk. Mix with an electric mixer just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk. Bring to a boil. Continue boiling for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in white chocolate chips until smooth. Immediately pour over cooled cake. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
Remember this recipe
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe