The original recipe used ziti. I didn't have any ziti; I only had elbow macaroni. I went with the elbow macaroni and it was fine. I also added chicken to make this more of a meal than a side dish. This was SO good! It was even good reheated the next day for lunch. If you don't like ricotta, try substituting cottage cheese. I halved the recipe below and it was enough for at least 4 or 5 people.
Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake
adapted from myrecipes.com
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne or elbow macaroni
- 2 (10-ounce) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Stir together all ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Spread mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.