Keukenhof Gardens – Tulip Heaven in the Netherlands – a MUST if you are in Europe in the spring. The most amazing garden EVER
While we were in Belgium, we took a day trip to The Netherlands to see the tulips. It has always been a dream of mine to see the tulips. It was truly a dream come true to spend the day tiptoeing through the tulips!
When Amanda and I decided to go to Belgium, we both really wanted to try and go to Keukenhof for the day. I started doing some research on TripAdvisor.com to see what all was involved in visiting Keukenhof. I checked all the reviews for Keukenhof and then booked our bus and garden tickets directly on TripAdvisor.com.
Did you know that you can book attractions, tours and experiences directly from the TripAdvisor website? You can, and it is SOOO easy! I made a quick video below showing just how simple it is to research and book your experiences.We took a train from Belgium to the Amsterdam airport. Once we were at the airport, we caught the 858 bus (it is covered with tulips, you can’t miss it) to Keukenhof. We used our skip the line tickets we bought on Tripadvisor and started our walking tour of the tulips.
I’ve never seen more beautiful flowers in my whole life. I probably took 1,000 pictures of the tulips. I just couldn’t stop taking pictures because they were SO beautiful! We stayed at Keukenhof all day. Once we were ready to leave, we hopped back on the 858 bus and went back to the Amsterdam airport to catch our train back to Belgium. Tripadvior made the whole experience SO easy!
I’m sharing some of my favorite pictures of the tulips below. It was hard to choose my favorites, but I did my best. I had no idea there were so many beautiful varieties of tulips. Now I want to buy thousands of tulip bulbs and make my very own little Keukenhof in my back yard!
There are several fun food trucks and food stands in Keukenhof.
We shared a Stroopwafel – a Netherlands speciality.
It is two thin waffles with caramel in-between.
It was my first fresh stroopwafel and it was SO good!
Of course, we couldn’t pass up a liege waffle with some chocolate and whipped cream!
We also snagged some Belgium Fries.
We got them with mayonnaise and ketchup.
Love the frayed edges!
Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? I never wanted to leave!
If you are anywhere near the Netherlands next spring, you must go to Keukenhof!
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest provider of tours, activities and attractions, with more than 56,000 bookable experiences in 2,500 destinations worldwide. TripAdvisor Attractions offers something for every kind of traveler; book everything from walking tours, skip-the-line access and theatre tickets to hot air balloon safaris and Everest base camp treks.
Why book on TripAdvisor? Because booking attractions in-person, after arrival, can be risky – there’s no reviews to read, there’s no “big picture” overview of what’s available, some attractions may be unavailable at short notice or come with an hours-long line.
TripAdvisor removes this friction:
• Knowledge: They consolidate the options in one place, so you can easily search for what best suits your needs.
• Reviews: They show you thousands of reviews on attractions so you can make informed choices
• Ease: They make booking online or on their free mobile app quick and easy – no hotel concierge, no guidebook, no ancient brochures.
• Whenever, wherever: You can book a month in advance, a week in advance, a day in advance, or a ‘skip the line’ ticket form the very line you’re standing in.
• VIP access: They offer skip-the-line opportunities, behind-the-scenes access, private viewings and more
• 24/7 customer service: Book with TripAdvisor Attractions and you’ll have 24/7 access to their customer support team
• Low price guarantee: If you find a lower price for the same tour or activity within 72 hours of booking, or if you arrive in your destination and find your activity offered at a lower price by our operator, let us TripAdvisor know. The will refund the price difference!
I am currently planning a big trip to London this fall, and I am using TripAdvisor to research and book our trip. I love that it is a one-stop shop!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of TripAdvisor. All opinions are my own. SaveSave