Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars
Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars – only 7 ingredients!! Cake mix, eggs, butter, oil, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and crushed candy canes. I took these to a party and they were gone in minutes! I always double the recipe now because everyone goes crazy over this easy dessert!! These are best if you make them the day before and refrigerate overnight. Great for parties, tailgating, and your holiday cookie tray. YUM! #dessert #fudge #cakemix
Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Bars
Need an easy and super delicious holiday treat? Look no further! These Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars are super easy to make and take AH-MAZ-ING! Cake mix bars with a yummy fudge layer and topped with crushed candy canes. Hello! Get in my belly! I’m not a big chocolate fan, but I could not stop eating these Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars. Seriously delicious! They are a must for your holiday cookie tray.
How to Make Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars
These Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars are super easy to make. They start with a box of cake mix. Combine the cake mix with some oil and eggs. Press 2/3 of the cake mix dough into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Next, melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Pour the fudge over the cake mix layer. Finally, take the remaining cake mix dough and drop it on top of the fudge layer. Pop the bars in the oven and bake. Remove the cake mix bars from the oven and top with crushed candy canes.
Tips for Making Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars
- You are going to only use the dry cake mix. DO NOT make the cake!
- I like to flatten the dough before dropping it on top of the fudge layer. This isn’t necessary, but I like the way it looks.
- Line the baking dish with non-stick aluminum foil to easily remove the baked bars.
- The bars are better if you refrigerate them for several hours before cutting. This allows the fudge layer to set.
- Can use any flavor of chocolate chips- semi-sweet, bitter-sweet, milk chocolate. I used Baileys Irish Cream chips. Andes mint chocolate chips would also be good.
Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars are Great for the Holidays
These Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars are dangerously delicious. I had ZERO self-control around these cake mix bars. That fudge layer is everything! These Peppermint Chocolate Cake Mix Bars are a MUST for your holiday baking. They make a great homemade gift too!
We all know that you can’t have only one sweet treat at the holidays. Here are a few of our favorite desserts for the holiday season:
- Praline Popcorn
- Butterfinger Balls
- Peppermint Popcorn Bark
- Christmas White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red Velvet Brownies
MORE DESSERT RECIPES: