I decided to take a shot at it and recreate it at home. It was unbelievable! The chicken had a fabulous flavor, and the Mexican rice was spot on! We will never have to go out for Mexican again.
Chicken Legs said this was so good that he could write my blog post today -"YOU MUST MAKE THIS!" Well said!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Lawry's Baja Chipotle marinade or Lawry's Mesquite Marinade
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not instant)
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning or Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 container Mexican Queso (I used Gordos Cheese Dip)
- chopped tomato
Pour Baja Chipotle Marinade over chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight. When ready, grill chicken until done (165 degrees).
While the chicken is grilling prepare the rice.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and Southwestern or Taco Seasoning.
Stir in onion flakes, tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Heat cheese dip according to package directions set aside.
To assemble the Pollo Loco - place 1/4 of the rice on a plate, top with grilled chicken. Pour 2-3 Tbsp cheese dip over chicken and rice and top with chopped tomatoes.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN